MCDST Exam 70-271 100% Pass? RRS feed

• Question

• G'day all,

Out of interest - I am studying for my exam which will be in 3 weeks & wanted to find out what the pass score is e.g do you have to get 100% to pass?

Also if there is any other people who have completed their MCDST out there that have any structure or tips on passing the exam your input is greatly appreciated. I have been using the press books, getting help from the practice exams from Kaplan & have a study guide but if you have any "War Stories" to add that would be great!

Thanks.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010 8:19 AM

Answers

• The passing score for most exams is 700 points out of 1000. This does not necessarily map to 70% of the questions, since the scale may not be linear, but it is certainly less than 100%.

It's been a long time since I got my MCDST certification, but I don't remember it being particularly difficult when compared to other Microsoft certs. Just make sure that you are proficient on each of the sections listed under the "Skills Tested" page in the exam description, and you should be able to pass the exam.

• Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Thursday, October 21, 2010 2:51 PM
    Tuesday, October 5, 2010 9:02 AM

All replies

• The passing score for most exams is 700 points out of 1000. This does not necessarily map to 70% of the questions, since the scale may not be linear, but it is certainly less than 100%.

It's been a long time since I got my MCDST certification, but I don't remember it being particularly difficult when compared to other Microsoft certs. Just make sure that you are proficient on each of the sections listed under the "Skills Tested" page in the exam description, and you should be able to pass the exam.

• Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Thursday, October 21, 2010 2:51 PM
    Tuesday, October 5, 2010 9:02 AM
  • Thanks for the reply & thanks for the info.

Would you know where I could find out a little more about the marks & how the questions are graded - I can't seem to find anything on the Microsoft website.

Thanks again!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010 7:43 PM