none
Windows Time Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, Can anyone help me in following issue:
    I have a Windows 2003 domain Controller/server and 20 LAN Domain computers/users. I want to just synchronize domain clients time with server time. Although Server itself is updating clients time after every 40-45 minutes but I want to reduce this time to 5 minutes (i.e. Every domain clients will automatically update their time with sever after every 5 Minutes)...I tried alot but couldn't succeeded.

Actually, the problem is that no any w32tm command run on any client, otherwise there is a command (w32tm/config/syncfromflags:domhier/update)
    thorugh which all clients will automatically update clients but when I write any command of w32tm ...it open help file/option of w32tm command...
    Otherthing is that the Addional Domain Controller (ADC) automatically synchronize its time from PDC (Primary Domain Controller) after every 5 minutes...so what I found is the only diff. b/w ADC and Domain Clients is that the Windows Time Service (In Control Panel/Services) is configured to Restart the Service Automatically on ADC while I tried to configure/select this option (i.e. Restart the service)on clients but clients computers is not giving me to do this.

Waiting...
    Wednesday, August 16, 2006 5:54 AM

Answers

• Hallo. You could consider "net time" command to syncronize every client to the server. Obviusly executed in every client machine. In an autoexec file this gets the client time with the server time.  I ts not the most professional way but its effective.

Regards,

Nh.-

Wednesday, November 1, 2006 4:35 PM