none
New Auto Spam Filter Sends Users to Forum Issues

General discussion

• There seems to be a new auto spam filter procedure. There have been 3 cases recently where users reported that they could not post questions or replies. As soon as they clicked "Save" they got a message that the post was flagged as spam. The message directed them to the "Forum Issues" forum, where I am a moderator.

Can someone verify that the auto spam filter has been modified to direct users to the "Forum Issues" forum? And can someone suggest how the moderators in that forum should handle these situations? We cannot even see the deleted posts, much less undelete them or remove the abusive flag, unless we are also moderators in the forum where the user posted. All we can do is direct the users to email fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com. But I emailed the forum admins at that email address and they are unaware of any new procedure.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Thursday, January 26, 2017 2:41 AM

All replies

• Since I posted here on Jan 26, I have seen no new posts in the "Forum Issues" forum from people directed there because their post was flagged abusive. I conclude that the auto spam filter has been returned to it's previous state.

Thursday, February 2, 2017 1:18 AM
  • We still see new users report that they got a message that their post has been flagged as spam, when most likely they just need to have their account verified. They are directed to the Forums Issues forum, but not to the sticky thread for requesting account verification.

Friday, March 10, 2017 1:45 AM
  • This is a test to make sure I can reply in a thread, even though I have reached the limit for the number of posts per day.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 3:56 PM
  • Until now I think we have to write letters directly to Microsoft or click "Report as abuse", when we are confirmed that he/she is a spam-sender. All of his/her posts will be deleted, with the account.

Because we cannot forsee what would happen for a spam-sending machine?

On the other hand, auto spam filtering is also a little "abuse" to forcely and wrongly confirm that a non-spam man as a spam……:(

ASP.NET Forum
    StackOverFlow
    FreeRice Donate
    Issues to report

Sunday, July 16, 2017 4:40 AM