Create a vb.net Silverlight Web Resource that Interacts with CRM 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking to try and show a Silverlight web resource in the accounts form. I have seen tutorials using c, but not knowing much about c I wondered if anyone knows an easy to tutorial follow for vb.net. I can use either VS2010 or 2012

Dont ask me .. i dont know

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 3:06 PM

Answers

• If possible, I would recommend not using Silverlight.  Silverlight support is deprecated, and won't be supported in future updates.  If possible, an HTML 5 web resource would be preferable.

If that isn't an option for you, grab the CRM 2011 SDK.  There are a lot of Silverlight examples in there, and most all the examples include both C# and VB.NET.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Marked as answer by Pete Newman Wednesday, February 19, 2014 5:04 PM
    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:11 PM

All replies

• If possible, I would recommend not using Silverlight.  Silverlight support is deprecated, and won't be supported in future updates.  If possible, an HTML 5 web resource would be preferable.

If that isn't an option for you, grab the CRM 2011 SDK.  There are a lot of Silverlight examples in there, and most all the examples include both C# and VB.NET.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Marked as answer by Pete Newman Wednesday, February 19, 2014 5:04 PM
    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:11 PM
  • Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the advice. The right thing to do would be to look at creating a web resource in HTML 5. Does anybody know of a simple tutorial I can get started with ?

Dont ask me .. i dont know

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 8:59 AM