can't install home server connector software RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello to all,

I have a few problems,

sinds the day before yesterday i could use the connection software from the home server to install the connector software,

sinds that day it was just after a update of the home server i can't connect anaymore. the software says its the wrong version (i'am using the version that is on the server after installation)

that my first problem

when i use the advanced connection toubleshooter software it says that i don't have access true prts 55000 and 56000

all my firewall software have the proper settings and nothing is being blocked by my ISP , i don't have access to my server over the internet (i use i different modem to work around my own modem from my ISP) so it is a "outside" connection.

the other problems i will adress later

tanks to all in advance

Thursday, March 27, 2008 8:33 PM

Answers

• hello,

thanks for your reply,

my computers and homeserver ar on the same network and workgroup, i can access the home server to get to the shared maps.

from there i am trying to install the connector software but for the last few days the software can't find my server or the connector software finds my homeserver but says i must be an administrator to get access to the server.

it says "access is denied you must be an administrator to join windows home server.

on my computers i am the administrator with al the neccesary rights, i made myself also administrator on the homeserver but still i'am denied access.

i just don't understand it anymore.

hope you can help me.

with regards Paul Moolenaar

Friday, March 28, 2008 9:53 AM

All replies

• Not sure if this answers your question as I am a little confused about what you are trying to do ...

You can only install the Home Server Connector software when the PC and the home server are on the same LAN.  The PC and the Home Server need to be on the same subnet. The latest version of the Connector software (assuming your home server is accepting Windows Updates) is in the Software Shared Folder on your home server.  You can either run the SETUP.EXE package from that shared folder after accessing from your home computer.

Friday, March 28, 2008 12:47 AM
  • hello,

thanks for your reply,

my computers and homeserver ar on the same network and workgroup, i can access the home server to get to the shared maps.

from there i am trying to install the connector software but for the last few days the software can't find my server or the connector software finds my homeserver but says i must be an administrator to get access to the server.

it says "access is denied you must be an administrator to join windows home server.

on my computers i am the administrator with al the neccesary rights, i made myself also administrator on the homeserver but still i'am denied access.

i just don't understand it anymore.

hope you can help me.

with regards Paul Moolenaar

Friday, March 28, 2008 9:53 AM