none
Search option not working RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

Trying to search for some information in the forums "Smart Device Devlopment" but message is shown " No result found". Then tried to search from whole MSDN forum but still not getting any result. please check.

Tried searching for tags which I know that are present in the forums.

Thanks
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 5:49 AM

Answers

• Yup. We had outage on search that day (11/18). It affected Forums. Not only Forums but the entire MSDN site. Things should be back to normal now.

Thank you

Forums Test Lead
    • Marked as answer by PssplUser Friday, November 20, 2009 5:43 AM
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 10:49 PM

All replies

• Tags aren't included for searching, they are exposed as an alternative discovery method. So the intent is to use tags OR search. We have considered ensuring tags are included in our search indexing, but I don't have an estimated schedule for that.

Which forum are you searching? Or where are you searching from in the above scenario? And which forum content isn't being returned as expected? More details will help us isolate and address the problem.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 6:32 AM
    Answerer
  • As written above I was searching in the "Smart Device Development Forum" which had an issue with the search option on "Wednesday, November 18, 2009 5:49 AM" or so. I think the problem was temporary was resolved next day. This is for your information for looking into the problem.
    There are some similar thread of this kind of issues.

Thanks
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 9:42 AM
  • Yup. We had outage on search that day (11/18). It affected Forums. Not only Forums but the entire MSDN site. Things should be back to normal now.

Thank you

Forums Test Lead
    • Marked as answer by PssplUser Friday, November 20, 2009 5:43 AM
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 10:49 PM