none
Problem in conversion in a XP VM

Question

• I write you to attempt to solve an annoying problem that occurred immediately after installation of SP 1 of Windows 7 (although of course I'm not sure that this is the case).
    In my system (Win 7 Prof. x64) is installed from about one year the XP VM Prof x32 and everything always worked well. Now, at the opening, the VM will refuse to activate the integration functions. If I try to install, the process is stopped without explanation. In the XP System Properties, where before I had 'Virtual PC Guest Bus Driver' now there's an 'unknown device'. The automated process can not locate the driver to install.
    Please give me at least some concrete indications on how to solve this problem that keeps me from the practice of using the XP VM (I need it above all to analyze the conversion of some of my programs written in VB 6).

Thank you

• Moved by Liliane Teng Wednesday, March 09, 2011 7:24 AM (From:Visual Basic General)
    Monday, February 28, 2011 7:56 PM

All replies

• Sounds like you need to find a Virtual PC Guest Bus driver for Windows XP, in the VM.  Should be able to download that online. 

Either that or reinstall the Guest Additions (or whatever it's called in your VM  product - I use Oracle xVM, sounds like you might be using MS VPC).

It never hurts to try. In a worst case scenario, you'll learn from it.
    Monday, February 28, 2011 8:02 PM
  • Hello Pieralza,

Thanks for your post.

As far as I know, unknown device would be a piece of hardware that has no drivers installed. Andrew has given you helpful suggestions.  Please have a try and let us know the result on your side.

If you have any concerns, please feel free to follow up.

Have a nice day.

Best regards

Liliane Teng [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, March 03, 2011 7:48 AM
  • Hello Liliane,

But I miss in everything the relation to Visual Basic. 

Really complete Technet

http://technet.Microsoft.com/forums

but at least of topic here.

Success
    Cor
    Thursday, March 03, 2011 7:53 AM
  • I confirm:  I'm using MS VPC.
    Do you know where I can find the appropriate Virtual PC Guest Bus driver ?
    Thanks anyway Andrew.

Pieralza
    Thursday, March 03, 2011 7:23 PM
  • Hello Pieralza,

Please check this link for downloading Virtual PC Guest Bus driver. I am not sure if it is what you want. As Cor suggested, you could try Technet forum for more better suggestions. Thanks for your understanding.

http://driversfinder.net/drivers/virtual-pc-guest-bus-driver

If you have any concerns, please feel free to follow up.

Have a nice day.

Best regards

Liliane Teng [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Sunday, March 06, 2011 11:10 AM
  • Hello Liliane,

the link you suggest is only for the "Genius driver" utility, completely useless. I tried this way some days ago, and the result was 'your system is fully updated. No problem' (!!)

I think it is still amazing that Microsoft completely ignores this problem. These days I noticed that it is pretty common.

Thanks anyway

Pieralza
    Sunday, March 06, 2011 7:16 PM
  • Hello Pieralza,

Sorry for it is useless. For this issue, I recommend you could try Windows Virtual PC and XP Mode forum for more better support where discusses this aspect issues. Thanks for your understanding.

Have a nice day.

Best regards

Liliane Teng [MSFT]

Monday, March 07, 2011 5:51 AM