CRM Outlook Client for 2011 install issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I have on one client machine problems to install the Outlook 32-Bit CRM Client.
    I want to connect to an on-premise CRM and allways get the error.:

There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.

It looks like it has something to do with the user because I tried it on different pc's and only this one user does not work. In the logs I see following error:

15:51:50|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookCRMDatastoreInstaller.GetServiceIds
    15:51:50|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookCRMDatastoreInstaller.GetCrmStoreServiceId
    15:51:50|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookCRMDatastoreInstaller.DeleteV4CrmDatastore
    15:51:50|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookConfigurator.InitializeMapiStoreForFirstTime
    15:52:02|  Error| Exception : The given key was not present in the dictionary.    at Microsoft.Crm.MapiStore.DataStore.WaitInitialized()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookConfigurator.InitializeMapiStoreForFirstTime()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookConfigurator.Configure(IProgressEventHandler progressEventHandler)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ConfigEngine.Configure(Object stateInfo)

Can someone help me finding the problem?

Thx

Monday, February 28, 2011 2:55 PM

Answers

• Thx Donna, for your reply. In the meantime my problem is solved. Please don't ask me why. I waited a day tried it again. As far as I know nothing changed on my system and on the crm server, but it worked now with out problems. thx again.
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 9:11 PM

All replies

• Can you access CRM from a web browser on the client machine using the same user's login that for whom you are trying to install the CRM Outlook Client?

Regards, Donna

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 9:06 PM
  • Thx Donna, for your reply. In the meantime my problem is solved. Please don't ask me why. I waited a day tried it again. As far as I know nothing changed on my system and on the crm server, but it worked now with out problems. thx again.
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 9:11 PM
  • How did you solve your problem?

I'm expiriance the same problem with Outlook. 

I've solved it by deliting SPN for CRM server http/FQD_NAME_CRM_SERVER "domain\useraccount", but with this my newly created reports (trough CRM wizard) are not working, reports out of the box are working fine.

My SQL and SSRS server are on same machine and are working under domain user account "domain\sqlservice", my CRM server is on separated machine and services are running under domain user account "domain\crmservices".

Has anyone expirience this problem? 

Thursday, March 24, 2011 9:04 AM
  • We're getting the same message. CRM works in Internet Explorer, but I cannot configure the user for the CRM for Outlook client. It stops halfway with the errors ChristianTern mentioned in the Crm50ClientConfig log file.

This is only happening for one of the CRM users in the firm. When we changed his "Access Mode" in his CRM user record to "Administrative", it worked. However, that's more restrictive than "Read-Write".

Based on the log files, it appears there's a registry or caching issue associated with their AD user, which if resolved would enable the user to configure the CRM for Outlook client.

Resolution:
    This affects no other CRM users and we were able to replicate the issue in our test environment. We opted to create a new Active Directory and CRM user and transfer the CRM records to this new user.

Any easier steps?

• Edited by An2011 Monday, March 26, 2012 6:25 PM Added resolution
    Monday, March 26, 2012 6:01 PM