IE8 and Remote Desktop in Mesh Desktop expand option is missing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I upgraded to the IE Beta. But now when I remote into my home pc, the top bar loses it's "X" and the ability to expand the desktop to the full screen.

Any ideas how I can get the full screen option back?

Thank you,
    Bob
    Tuesday, October 7, 2008 1:28 PM

Answers

• Bob,

I'm actually still using IE 7 myself, so I can't confirm the behavior.  To any other customers using IE 8, though: the Connect Feedback ID for this bug is 374003 - please feel free to validate the bug if you encounter similar behavior.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 8:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Bob,

I've spoken with a few of our developers, and this function should be working with IE 8 Beta.  If you wouldn't mind, could you please open a bug in Connect, collect your Live Mesh logs from both the computers (the one you're remoting from, and the one you're remoting to), and attach them to the bug?  Instructions for collecting logs and submitting a bug are in an Announcement at the top of the forums.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Wednesday, October 8, 2008 4:44 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for the follow up. I submitted the information lastnight. The logs I submitted are from my home pc.

Thanks.
    Thursday, October 9, 2008 1:30 PM
  • Thank you, Bob.  I see the bug, and I've alerted the appropriate developers so they can take a look.  You should hear something through Connect once they're learned something.

Ben.
    Thursday, October 9, 2008 3:05 PM
  •  On a side note, on Saturday ( two days ago ) Mesh updated itself. 
    Monday, October 13, 2008 1:36 PM
  • Delmont said:

On a side note, on Saturday ( two days ago ) Mesh updated itself. 

Hi Bob,

Did the update resolve your issue, or were you just noting it for others?  Please let me know.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, October 13, 2008 4:13 PM
  • Hello Ben,

No it did not resolve the issue.  On the pc that I remote from it is WinXP Pro SP3. I just upgraded to IE8 and with Mesh when I remote into my home pc that Vista Enterprise with IE7, the arrow to expand the desktop in the top bar in the Mesh remote window is not there still.  I just did this 10 minutes ago.  I am un-installing IE8 till this is resolved. Without being able to expand the desktop to the fullsize of the monitor, the screen graphics are very difficult to make out.

I'd have to think I'm not the only one trying to use the remote function of Mesh with IE8 right now.

Anyways, thank you for your feedback and if you hear of a fix, please let me know.

Thanks!

Bob

Thursday, October 16, 2008 5:00 PM
  • Hi Bob,

I will keep an eye on this bug and most definitely let you know if I learn anything new.

Thanks for your patience,

Ben.
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 5:12 PM
  • Are you using IE 8? If yes, do you see the same behavior?

Thanks,
    Bob
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 8:12 PM
  • Bob,

I'm actually still using IE 7 myself, so I can't confirm the behavior.  To any other customers using IE 8, though: the Connect Feedback ID for this bug is 374003 - please feel free to validate the bug if you encounter similar behavior.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 8:17 PM
  • Ben,

Update to IE8 on your machine and let me know what your results are :-)

Bob
    Friday, October 17, 2008 3:37 PM
  • Hi Ben,

Do you know if yesterday's updates resolved this IE 8 taskbar issue?

Thanks,
    Bob
    Friday, October 31, 2008 3:43 PM
  • Hi Bob,

I'm afraid it did not.  We'll let you know once we have resolved that issue, though.

Thank you for your patience.

Ben.
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 7:30 PM