Create simple Bayesian Network RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am relatively new to coding in C#, however I am wanting to use infer.net to create a simple Bayesian Belief Network. I have downloaded the Infer.Net zip file, however, I cannot get any of the tutorials to run. Once I download the zip file, and I required to do something before using the MicrosoftResearch.Infer namespace?

Thanks

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 8:07 AM

All replies

• Are you saying that you can't compile any of the samples in the Samples folder?  Or that you can't create your own project?  What did you try, and what was the result?
    Wednesday, May 17, 2017 9:04 AM
    Owner
  • Initially, I couldn't get them to compile, but I went to run the program this morning and now when I open a .cs file in the samples folder (e.g. FirstExample) the standard UI of Visual studio is changed (i.e. my solutions explorer does not exist, along with the 'build' menu tab at the top). I also cannot debug or compile the program has the debugging button is greyed-out. 

I get functionality back if I start a new project, however when I type "using MicrosoftResearch.Infer;", I get an error saying that the namespace could not be found.

Sorry to be a pest, but I'm really not sure what is going on. Hopefully once I'm a bit more experienced with C# and Visual Studio I won't run into such problems. 

Thursday, May 18, 2017 10:39 PM
  • You want to open the Samples.sln file, not individual .cs files. 
    Friday, May 19, 2017 10:13 AM
    Owner
  • As Tom said, try to open the .sln files and then run the project. I started with the InferNET101 and read the accompanying tutorial document. The document is very well written and explains each line of code. It also shows good design tips in how to build a well-structured program.

If you are not comfortable with C#, I suggest you do practice a little with language basics. I took me an evening to brush off my rusty C# skills.

Friday, May 19, 2017 10:22 PM