User profile synchronization RRS feed

• Question

• I'm pretty sure there is nothing out of the box, but I'm wondering if anyone out in the community has come across a way to keep users synchronized with Active Directory such that any user created in Active Directory is automatically added to the CRM user profile store.  Thanks in advance.
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 11:33 PM

Answers

• Hi,

One idea could be to write window service to check AD, if new user is added then add them in CRM using CRM SDK.

Mahain
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 6:26 AM
  • Hi,

When a user get's added in AD, you can run the default scripts. Pass the user information as parameters to those file. Inside batch file you can code to create a XML with the User information on particular location and Using File Watcher adapter you can run you custom code which will add the user in MS CRM.

Basically it's like a integration.

Steps:
    1. Specify batch file (when you create the user), pass necessary information.
    2. Batch file CODE will create the XML file containing user profile information.
    3. File Watcher Adapter or Windows Service will ping to the particular location for new XML File [as record].
    4. Write Code to Create User in MS CRM inside Windows Service.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks, Ranjitsingh R | http://mscrm-developer.blogspot.com/ | MS CRM Consultant
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 7:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

One idea could be to write window service to check AD, if new user is added then add them in CRM using CRM SDK.

Mahain
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 6:26 AM
  • Hi,

When a user get's added in AD, you can run the default scripts. Pass the user information as parameters to those file. Inside batch file you can code to create a XML with the User information on particular location and Using File Watcher adapter you can run you custom code which will add the user in MS CRM.

Basically it's like a integration.

Steps:
    1. Specify batch file (when you create the user), pass necessary information.
    2. Batch file CODE will create the XML file containing user profile information.
    3. File Watcher Adapter or Windows Service will ping to the particular location for new XML File [as record].
    4. Write Code to Create User in MS CRM inside Windows Service.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks, Ranjitsingh R | http://mscrm-developer.blogspot.com/ | MS CRM Consultant
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 7:13 AM
  • I agree, this is what I am going to have to do if no solution that has already been created by the community...I was just hoping that someone had already tackled this.  Thanks for the suggestions.
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 1:46 PM