Concerning Communicator Mobile RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all,

I have around 250 Windows Mobile 6.1 phones out in production managed by System Center Mobile Device Manager. I have Communicator Mobile loaded on each phone, and have a question about upgrading.

I've pushed a newer version of Communicator Mobile to a few test phones through SCMDM, and the install went through with no issues. At that point I figured everything was all good, that is until I launched Communicator Mobile to find that it had removed all the settings (including the username and password). Since I have 250 phones that will eventually need to be upgraded, it's not possible for me to reload the username and password on each individual phone, shouldn't these settings be retained through the upgrade? Am I missing something? Doing something wrong? Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
       - Adam
    Monday, March 30, 2009 8:13 PM

All replies

• My upgrade also erased these settings
    So I think you are on your own to script something yourself
    The new client does support automatic configuration so that is a good thing
    But user & pass are lost
    - Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-exchange.be -
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 11:35 PM
  • Is there anyone out there who could direct me to any resources that could help me script something like this?

In the off chance has anyone out there ever dealt with this before? Maybe someone has already created a script?
    Monday, April 6, 2009 10:36 PM
  • !Bump!

Really? Nobody can provide any help? I can't be the only one wondering about this...
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 8:59 PM
  • I would provide an intranet site that explains the upgrade process
    And specify very clearly what the user needs to do himself
    - Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-exchange.be -
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 10:39 PM
  • I appreciate the tip, Deli. Unfortunately that is not an option for me as we have 300 drivers, and 98% of them barely know how to IM someone, let alone filling in account information. I'd love to give it a shot, but in the end it would make my job much more difficult. They would eventually all call in requiring guidance which my superiors are trying to have me avoid at all costs.
    Monday, April 27, 2009 5:02 PM