LiveMeeting login problem in special scenario RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have OCS SE installed on test.com. Users reside in users.test.com. I want to log in from PCs which reside in a differen forest´s domain called productive.com. The users log on to these PCs with accounts from productive.com. They log in to OC 2007 with a user account from users.test.com. Login works fine and all OC features do as well. When I try to log in with the LiveMeeting console with the same credentials, I get "cannot connect to live meeting serv because the information in the User Accounts dialog might be incorrect or improperly formatted..." I tried with the username formatted like sbd@users.test.com an usertest\sbd. OCS´s policy is of course properly set up regarding LiveMeeting. When I try to log on with a PC that is in user.test.com, the login is successful. There is no port barrier between the domains.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Heiko.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 8:13 PM

Answers

• No, the customer is really hesitating to do this. I would prefer to fix the error in the installed configuration.

Regards,

Heiko

Monday, July 9, 2007 4:15 PM

All replies

• Heiko,

The LM console will allow you to open the User Accounts Dialog from its Open User Accounts menu option. From here you can enter the FQDN of your OCS pool for the internal sever and the external user. Have you been able to do this? Your LM client will have a CA certificate from the same CA as the one that created the Server certificate for the OCS Access Server. From your description it sounds like your configuration is correct.

Let's try logging the aatempted login

Enable client side logging and gather pwconsole.log, confapi.log and
    livemeetinguccp.log. Pwconsole.log is enabled by default and located in the %temp%
    directory. Also there are multiple components for A/V that can be enabled under
    LccMedia. ConfAPI and liveMeetinguccp has to be enabled in the registry.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Tracing\uccp\ConfAPI
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Tracing\uccp\LiveMeeting
    EnableFileTracing set to 1
    FileDirectory will give you the location of the log

Note: LiveMeeting log may not always be available if you have not logged in
    successfully.

I know if you enable an Access Edge / Conferencing Edge sever you will be able to enable federation and anonymous or external user access for LM clients that are members of a different AD domain. If possible I would like to get a network capture from the LM client when you are trying to login to the remote OCS pool.

Provide me with a email addess and I willl send you my contact info so we can exchange the logs. I'll return to work on 6/25/07

Saturday, June 23, 2007 12:21 AM
  • Hi Heiko,

Can you let us kjnow the status of your issue? Are you able to provide the information requested by Mike?

Friday, July 6, 2007 10:12 PM
  • Hello,

you can contact me via hhof@mvc.de. I had contact with Chad Lacy from the Office Communications Sever 2007 Beta Team. He analysed a whole bunch of log files but couldn´t find the reason for login failure. His conclusion was to install OCS RC and see if the problem persists. If you like to take a look at the logs, send an email to my address and I will send them to you.

Regards,

Heiko.

Monday, July 9, 2007 7:54 AM
  • Did you install the RC version? Did that resolve your issue?
    Monday, July 9, 2007 3:53 PM
  • No, the customer is really hesitating to do this. I would prefer to fix the error in the installed configuration.

Regards,

Heiko

Monday, July 9, 2007 4:15 PM