Data Wiped Out with 2.0 Upgrade RRS feed

• Question

•  

I came to work this morning and 2.0 had been downloaded and installed on my computer.  The Windows toolbar with gadgets (that I took down soon after my computer was set up) has reappeared, the homepage for Explorer is now set to MSN, all of the favorites are gone as well as my homepage, Outlook has no email accounts set up and all of my emails are gone, every program I open asks for me to accept the user agreement as if I'm opening it for the first time.  This is a diaster, and its sad that a program meant to protect me from such a disaster has caused it.
    Monday, January 28, 2008 4:00 PM

Answers

• When your PC rebooted after the reinstall, did it go right to your Windows desktop or did you need to log in? What you are describing is that Windows has logged you into a default profile as a new user on Windows for this PC. Try rebooting the PC, if you have not already done so.

If this does not resolve the problem, please contact OneCare support. I don't think your data is lost, it is simply under your old profile (\Documents and Settings\[LoginUserName]\)

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, January 28, 2008 7:42 PM