can't finish the set-up RRS feed

• Question

•  

i installed the software to my desktop and can't finish to set-up due to already use of product key to my laptop.  And i have always receiving this error messages 8059.  I keep doing it couple of times with the same id and password used in my other computer but still messages 8059 pop-up. what will i do to solve the problem
    Friday, November 7, 2008 12:42 AM

Answers

• Hello Visie, to activate One Care on a second computer do not use the product key, use only the Live ID and password associated with your One Care subscription.

Friday, November 7, 2008 1:12 AM

All replies

• Hello Visie, to activate One Care on a second computer do not use the product key, use only the Live ID and password associated with your One Care subscription.

Friday, November 7, 2008 1:12 AM
  • If you have an active subscription, which is what was created when you activated on the first computer, you need to use the same LiveID on the subsequent activations. You can't use the same key twice. If you are arriving at a screen to purchase or provide a token, you are likely not using the same LiveID as the subscription ID.

On the first PC, open OneCare and click Help and then About to see your Subscription ID. That is the LiveID to sign in with.

-steve

Friday, November 7, 2008 3:54 PM