I deleted dead computer from OneCare Circle and now can't restore back-up from dead computer onto my other computer in the network. RRS feed

• Question

• I had two computers in my OneCare Circle. One had a hard disk failure. I tried to restore the files onto my second computer. The second computer said it couldn't detect the backup drive (external drive) because the PC it was connected to was not turned on. I had already plugged in the external drive to computer #2 and couldn't figure out why the computer wasn't recognizing it, so I deleted computer #1 from the OneCare Circle.  I have since realized that I needed to make computer #2 the hub computer (which I did) and re-confirgured the backup plan so computer #2 knows the external drive is connect to it.

My problem now is that the only backup files I can access is the backup file for computer #2. I need to restore backup files from computer #1, which is the computer I deleted from the OneCare Circle yesterday. Can you tell me how I can fix that dilemna? 

Thursday, October 29, 2009 12:10 AM

Answers

All replies