One more geographically blocked pid RRS feed

• Question

• Two day ago I received the the warning that I may be a victim of software counterfeiting. As i read most of the post iI believe I have the same issues as many.

Diagnostic Report (1.5.0723.1):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Geographically blocked PID
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-7BHGB-TP888-CVC7G
    Windows Product Key Hash: 2wL1IllMebWUxB9ckiTiz7gly7Q=
    Windows Product ID: 55274-640-1825586-23082
    Windows Product ID Type: 1
    Windows License Type: Volume
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    ID: 91e57f2e-c747-4eec-915e-d56b3828088f
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: No
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.5.723.1
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 13
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.5.540.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: Failed to retrieve file version. - 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: FCEE394C-3175-80070002

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ybrowser.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>91e57f2e-c747-4eec-915e-d56b3828088f</UGUID><Version>1.5.0723.1</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-CVC7G</PKey><PID>55274-640-1825586-23082</PID><PIDType>1</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-73586283-448539723-839522115</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>MSI</Manufacturer><Model>MS-6380E</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>American Megatrends Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>07.00T</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20010402000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>97D13D1F01842049</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Pacific Standard Time(GMT-08:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Have done all I can to validate and still I get  the same PID (at least the same last 15 digits of it),  I have the original purchased CD, holographics included and I kept the original sleeve it came in with the yellow PRODUCT KEY label on it. and the product key in orange  The white product label on the sleeve reads as follows:

WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL ENGLISH DISK KIT MVL CD W/SP1.

MFG REFERENCE:    W0793628

PART NUMBER:     E85-01892

DISK IS PART GREEN WITH HOLOGRAM THAT CHECKS WITH SPECIAL FEATURES AS GENUINE.

DISK LABEL READS MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP PROFESIONAL WITH SERVICE PACK 1

VOLUME LICENSE PRODUCT KEY REQUIRED

OCTOBER 2002

SYSTEMS WINDOWS CLIENT: BUSINESS

NOT FOR RETAIL OR OEM DISTRIBUTION NOT FOR RESALE.

All pc's wherePurchased  at a well known computer show, all came with windows 98. Later I purchased a mac  and the XP PRO at the same show.  Have no problems with the mac. I was not even aware of this problem until two days ago. Have paperwork for all the computer purchased still looking for the receit for XP.I decided to go with XP client business so we can install it with original license on a computer, and such license can be moved from one computer to another when I decide to get a newer/better computer in the future.

I still dont understant how the disk could be counterfited. I no longer have the busissness. Most of the computers were sold after we clean the hardrive. And I kept two one is not being used and the other my kid use this one that has this problem. The macs are all good.

Now I have this block after I paid over $300 for a XP PRO. I believe is genuine but who knows after reading so many posts. Do i need to file a fraud report send the disk to MS and to where will it be return, what else I need to do. My kid is getting anoy with the warnings. The Last update was on January 29, 2007.

Thanks

Merjoce

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 11:21 AM

Answers

• Merjoce38,

The CD is probably not a counterfeit.  You can see it on this page:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/content/products/volume_licensing.aspx?pid=2abf99cd-a5e4-469c-802e-55ca8ec542d5

Your seller made an unauthorized sale, and you made an unauthorized purchase, of a Volume Licensing CD for XP Pro that had someone else's Product Key on it.  It has taken a while, but it would seem that the genuine owner of the Product Key has allowed MS to put some restrictions on the use of their key, probably after being notified by MS of abuse of the Product Key.

An authorized purchase of Volume Licensing materials and License is accompanied by a Volume Licening Agreement, which will look similar to the one shown at the bottom of this page:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/content/products/volume_licensing.aspx?pid=2abf99cd-a5e4-469c-802e-55ca8ec542d5

When you saw NOT FOR RETAIL OR OEM DISTRIBUTION NOT FOR RESALE on the CD, did that not get your attention?

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 6:57 PM
  •  merjoce38 wrote:

Thank you Dan for your quick reply, I did question the seller about NOT FOR RETAIL OR OEM DISTRIBUTION NOT FOR RESALE on the CD. He stated that only people with businesses sellers permit could purchase the cd. He made a copy of my license permit, at not time I was or ever intentionally thinking that i was making an unauthorized or purchashe. I was going (not after this fiasco) to the computer shows to see the latest thecnology and latest software. What is one to do in a computer show or convention about sellers putting the public at risk. I did question the seller and I got my answers, that is why the CD was not cheap he said. Either way now i know that II was taken advantaged of. 

As you stated the cd  is probably not counterfit and  the seller made an unauthorized sale, and I made an unauthorized purchase, of a Volume Licensing CD for XP Pro that had someone else's Product Key on it.  but it would seem that the genuine owner of the Product Key has allowed MS to put some restrictions on the use of their key, probably after being notified by MS of abuse of the Product Key.

In his reply Carey suggest to folow instructions about buying the WGA kit, that is good but will it resolve the problem, what do I do With This F**** CD do I send it to MS. Will the kit keep the XP pro Do I need to reinstall XP. When I buy  a new PC for my kid will it need a new license, will it be better to call MS???

Another thing, since this is a public forum is all the information posted of any use for hackers spamers or other people seeking information for whatever reasons.

I understand that you are a volunteer  and I do appreciate your time and I may be asking too many questions.

Thanks

Joe:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE file a counterfeit report at www.microsoft.com/genuine (click Validate Windows and then See all options). This specific product key belongs to a US Financial Institution with VERY specific usage terms. This CD is only available with a MSFT Volume License agreement and is NOT sold in retail stores.

This specific product key will most likely (90% certainty!) warrant a free WGA Kit (by filing a counterfeit report) at this current time - for reasons that I cannot disclose.

MSFT is now selling direct to users as well if you wish to avoid any issues with resellers - checkout Windows Marketplace! (www.windowsmarketplace.com) .

Thanks,

-phil

Saturday, February 3, 2007 12:18 AM

All replies

• A "Geographically blocked PID" is a Volume License Key that is valid, but was licensed solely to a corporation or larger enterprise/business. Blocked VLK's are Product Keys that Microsoft has received consent from the original owner to block usage of. A VL Product Key is non-transferrable to individuals. In order to resolve your non-genuine licensing issue, please visit: www.microsoft.com/genuine and click on "Validate Windows". When validation fails, click on the Get Genuine button which will provide information on how to acquire a WGA Kit.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 12:45 PM
  • Merjoce38,

The CD is probably not a counterfeit.  You can see it on this page:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/content/products/volume_licensing.aspx?pid=2abf99cd-a5e4-469c-802e-55ca8ec542d5

Your seller made an unauthorized sale, and you made an unauthorized purchase, of a Volume Licensing CD for XP Pro that had someone else's Product Key on it.  It has taken a while, but it would seem that the genuine owner of the Product Key has allowed MS to put some restrictions on the use of their key, probably after being notified by MS of abuse of the Product Key.

An authorized purchase of Volume Licensing materials and License is accompanied by a Volume Licening Agreement, which will look similar to the one shown at the bottom of this page:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/content/products/volume_licensing.aspx?pid=2abf99cd-a5e4-469c-802e-55ca8ec542d5

When you saw NOT FOR RETAIL OR OEM DISTRIBUTION NOT FOR RESALE on the CD, did that not get your attention?

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 6:57 PM
  • Thank you Dan for your quick reply, I did question the seller about NOT FOR RETAIL OR OEM DISTRIBUTION NOT FOR RESALE on the CD. He stated that only people with businesses sellers permit could purchase the cd. He made a copy of my license permit, at not time I was or ever intentionally thinking that i was making an unauthorized or purchashe. I was going (not after this fiasco) to the computer shows to see the latest thecnology and latest software. What is one to do in a computer show or convention about sellers putting the public at risk. I did question the seller and I got my answers, that is why the CD was not cheap he said. Either way now i know that II was taken advantaged of. 

As you stated the cd  is probably not counterfit and  the seller made an unauthorized sale, and I made an unauthorized purchase, of a Volume Licensing CD for XP Pro that had someone else's Product Key on it.  but it would seem that the genuine owner of the Product Key has allowed MS to put some restrictions on the use of their key, probably after being notified by MS of abuse of the Product Key.

In his reply Carey suggest to folow instructions about buying the WGA kit, that is good but will it resolve the problem, what do I do With This F**** CD do I send it to MS. Will the kit keep the XP pro Do I need to reinstall XP. When I buy  a new PC for my kid will it need a new license, will it be better to call MS???

Another thing, since this is a public forum is all the information posted of any use for hackers spamers or other people seeking information for whatever reasons.

I understand that you are a volunteer  and I do appreciate your time and I may be asking too many questions.

Thanks

Thursday, February 1, 2007 8:38 PM
  • Merjoce38,

I have heard and seen plenty of tap-dancing at computer shows myself!

Phil Liu of MS can look up Volume Licensing Product Keys (PK), and in fact if you search the forum for the part of the PK shown by the utility, 7BHGB-TP888-CVC7G, you'll see that this PK is a very "popular" PK and in one post Phil stated that it really belongs to a very large US financial corporation.

The WGA Kit will "genuine-ize" the nongenuine installation of XP that you have now without a reinstallation.  In your circumstances, it's likely that the Key Updater Utility will not run into any difficulty since this is a case of a misused genuine CD and license rather than a "hacked and cracked" copy of XP.

As far as what to do with the CD, my personal advice would be to follow the Get Genuine prompts for instructions on how to fill out the report and send it in as a high-quality counterfeit.  Don't order the WGA kit unless and until you are told that your submission has been rejected.

Good Luck!

Friday, February 2, 2007 2:57 AM
  •  merjoce38 wrote:

Thank you Dan for your quick reply, I did question the seller about NOT FOR RETAIL OR OEM DISTRIBUTION NOT FOR RESALE on the CD. He stated that only people with businesses sellers permit could purchase the cd. He made a copy of my license permit, at not time I was or ever intentionally thinking that i was making an unauthorized or purchashe. I was going (not after this fiasco) to the computer shows to see the latest thecnology and latest software. What is one to do in a computer show or convention about sellers putting the public at risk. I did question the seller and I got my answers, that is why the CD was not cheap he said. Either way now i know that II was taken advantaged of. 

Thanks

Joe:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE file a counterfeit report at www.microsoft.com/genuine (click Validate Windows and then See all options). This specific product key belongs to a US Financial Institution with VERY specific usage terms. This CD is only available with a MSFT Volume License agreement and is NOT sold in retail stores.

This specific product key will most likely (90% certainty!) warrant a free WGA Kit (by filing a counterfeit report) at this current time - for reasons that I cannot disclose.

MSFT is now selling direct to users as well if you wish to avoid any issues with resellers - checkout Windows Marketplace! (www.windowsmarketplace.com) .

Thanks,

-phil

Saturday, February 3, 2007 12:18 AM