none
IWbemClassObject Put Method Not Updating Dell BIOS WOL Status RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I tried to change the Dell BIOS Wake On LAN settings by calling the IWbemClassObject Put Method as shown in the code below. The hr value returned by the Put method is "S_OK". However, the BIOS Wake On LAN settings remained unchanged. Does anyone know why? Any help would be much appreciated.

VARIANT v;
                VariantInit(&v);
                V_VT(&v) = VT_I4;
                V_INT(&v) = 6;

hr = pclsObj->Put(L"WakeupOnLAN", 0, &v, 0);

// Clean up.
                VariantClear(&v);

Thanks,
    Wee Li
    • Moved by Nancy Shao Friday, January 29, 2010 10:05 AM To get better support (From:Visual C++ General)
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 9:28 AM

Answers

• Hi Wee Li,

Based on my understanding, IWbemClassObject can't get Wake up On LAN property in BIOS. IWbemClassObject::put will create a new property name if this property type is not recognized. Please check this article:

IWbemClassObject

I am not familar with this kind of issue and this issue is little related to Visual C++, so I'm moving this thread to "Where is the forum for..." forum, and you will get good suggestion about where you can ask this kind of questions.

Good luck.

Best Regards,
    Nancy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, January 29, 2010 10:04 AM
  • I suggest you to visit http://en.community.dell.com/forums/177.aspx for this question.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Saturday, January 30, 2010 6:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Wee Li,

Based on my understanding, IWbemClassObject can't get Wake up On LAN property in BIOS. IWbemClassObject::put will create a new property name if this property type is not recognized. Please check this article:

IWbemClassObject

I am not familar with this kind of issue and this issue is little related to Visual C++, so I'm moving this thread to "Where is the forum for..." forum, and you will get good suggestion about where you can ask this kind of questions.

Good luck.

Best Regards,
    Nancy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, January 29, 2010 10:04 AM
  • I suggest you to visit http://en.community.dell.com/forums/177.aspx for this question.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Saturday, January 30, 2010 6:56 PM