URL Delete RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to be able to select specific URL's from my site/domain to be deleted from the index while within the Webmaster Center.  A simple Delete button would work that would mark this item for deletion and send my information and the URL information to the system that resolves these issues.

I have had a heck of a time removing old information from LIVE.  We have totally redone our website using DNN CMS now while before we were using static HTML.  It would just be simpler and more like the other Search Engines to be able to make these requests from ONE spot- not having to trapse all over the web to make these requests.

<Deleted URL>

Friday, January 16, 2009 2:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Jar-head,

I've been busy catching up on other open questions including two (I think) of yours

Thanks for the feedback. Every little bit helps build a case for the tool or extended feature. I have added this to our internal feedback tool.

As a side note, this is something we have beed discussing offline as well. Good to see we are in alignment with you!

Thanks again.

Brett

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 11:56 PM

All replies

• It most certainly would help make life easier.  I have been trying to figure out how to delete an old url for days.  At least now i can see i'm not overlooking something.  Thought i was going crazy.  That is the very same reason i came to the forum. 

Saturday, January 17, 2009 1:11 AM
  • I have the same problem.  Five pages are shown in the summary. Two of the five do not exist and should be deleted. One's been there for a year. It disappeared once but then came back. Amazingly, on the rank score, they both show one block filled in green. And to repeat, they do not exist.

Could MSN provide a remove option for page url's on the Submit page? 
    Sunday, January 18, 2009 11:17 AM
  • I guess Brett isn't answering this one

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 1:46 PM
  • Hi Jar-head,

I've been busy catching up on other open questions including two (I think) of yours

Thanks for the feedback. Every little bit helps build a case for the tool or extended feature. I have added this to our internal feedback tool.

As a side note, this is something we have beed discussing offline as well. Good to see we are in alignment with you!

Thanks again.

Brett

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 11:56 PM
  • Brett,

Thank you for addressing my concerns.  I look forward to hearing more from you in the coming weeks concerning this possible improvement!!!

In case no one else has told you this in awhile- I appreciate what you do for us here.  I know that I am somewhat new to this process, but I have followed this forum for awhile.  I just had no reason to be very involved with it, as I have not been doing any work in the field for several years.  Now I am back into it on a volunteer basis- and enjoying it again.

Thanks for all that you do- it is nice to have actual  personalized feedback- something that is not necessarily offered at the other sites.

Thursday, January 22, 2009 4:51 PM
  • I'll agree with that. Definitely not at the big  G nor at any other of the major players. So yes, thank you.
    Saturday, January 24, 2009 4:29 AM