Can not Delete managed imported Solutions RRS feed

• Question

• Experts,

i 've imported a solution in my Organization  and now i see there that there are some conflicts between solutions.

So i want to delete the "managed imported Solution" , but can't , i get an error message that the system required it

below a screenshot of the error message 

When i  have a look at the Details i can see that many enties are concerned, and i don't have the time to go through each entity and remove the fields or Scripts that have been added by the "managed solution" i want to remove from my organization.

Question1:  how can i remove or undo the changes cause by this solution? or better said how can i remove this solution without going through each entity of the systems and then remove the new fields or webressources that have been add in the form

Question2: i have the impression that imported solutions are published immediatly after they have been imported into the organization, i am right? if yes is there a way to avoid or control it?

Question3: Suppose that i have many solutions in my organization, can i publish  one solutions without  that "the changes affect" other solutions? for intance in the solution1 i have in the entity account a custom field "field1" and in the solution2 i don't want to have this field, if i publish the customization  of the solution1, will the "field1" appear in the solution2 entity account?

I just want to know how solutions relate to one another in a organization

Thanks 

If this post answers your question or was helpful, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful" Be wise
    • Edited by TheeNerd01 Thursday, January 19, 2012 12:13 AM
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 12:12 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Response Question1 : if you have customized any component that is part of managed solution you need to remove those customization i.e. if a new custom entity A is created through a managed solution and you added a field/relationship to that entity A after manage solution install then you need to remove that field/relationship first in order to remove manage solution. Just keep in mind that managed solutions are very different from unmanaged solutions.

Response Question3: You can not achieve this through unmanaged solution but yes with Managed solution it is possible but you need to create multiple organizations so that you can main multiple version of same entity. This approach is usually used for very complex/enterprise implementations.

Question4: There is no harm but you will not be able to benefit from managed solution featrues i.e. rollback/uninstall customization, merging customization, versioning etc. Moreover, using unmanaged solution and unmanaged export is very much similar to CRM 4 style customization model.

Hope this helps,

Ayaz Ahmad CRM Solutions Architect | http://ayazahmad.wordpress.com
    • Marked as answer by TheeNerd01 Friday, January 20, 2012 10:09 AM
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 10:38 PM

All replies

• My response below:

Question1: You can't remove managed solution unless you delete all unmanaged/managed customization on its components.

Question2: For managed solution yes, all customizations are published during solution install. There is now way to restrict that behaviour. For unmanaged solution you are pretty much free to publish when ready.

Question3: Unmanaged solution are just grouping of components, when you publish solution 1, whole entity is published you can not publish individual fields as atrtribute is not a component I believe.

Hope this helps,

Thursday, January 19, 2012 5:39 AM
  • Hi Ayaz,

Thank you for your Post, but i still have some question

Response Question1 : what do you exactly mean by "delete all unmanaged/managed" customization on its components? does this mean i have to go through each Entity that has been modified by "the imported managed solution" and removed the "Fields or Webressource" taht have been added?

Response Question3: My Goal is not to publish only one Component ef an Entity, but i want to no if i can have Solutions in my Organization that can have for the same "Entity" differents "customizations"?

Question4: is it a good or safe way to import an  "unmanaged solution" into an Organization? how will this affect my System?

Thanks

If this post answers your question or was helpful, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful" Be wise
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 8:00 AM
  • Hi,

Response Question1 : if you have customized any component that is part of managed solution you need to remove those customization i.e. if a new custom entity A is created through a managed solution and you added a field/relationship to that entity A after manage solution install then you need to remove that field/relationship first in order to remove manage solution. Just keep in mind that managed solutions are very different from unmanaged solutions.

Response Question3: You can not achieve this through unmanaged solution but yes with Managed solution it is possible but you need to create multiple organizations so that you can main multiple version of same entity. This approach is usually used for very complex/enterprise implementations.

Question4: There is no harm but you will not be able to benefit from managed solution featrues i.e. rollback/uninstall customization, merging customization, versioning etc. Moreover, using unmanaged solution and unmanaged export is very much similar to CRM 4 style customization model.

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by TheeNerd01 Friday, January 20, 2012 10:09 AM
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 10:38 PM