call queuing RRS feed

• Question

• Does OCS support call queuring including skills based routing for calls?

Thanks

Tyler

Monday, August 6, 2007 5:26 PM

Answers

• Hi Tyler,

OCS doesn't support this as of yet. You could do some rudimentary skills-based routing using an exchange 2007 auto-attendant, but there isn't a way to queue the calls with OCS natively. Maybe in a future version, though? It would be nice to be able to do because OCS maintains so much info about each user (presence, department, etc.) that it seems like it would simplify call routing. Best as I can tell, though, this isn't part of the current product.

At this point, OCS's voice capabilities are more like that of an IP-PBX rather than an ACD. I think that you may be able to write some applications with MS speech server that would get you closer to the ACD/call center functionality you are looking for. For now, OCS won't do it.

Regards,

Matt

Wednesday, August 8, 2007 6:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Tyler,

OCS doesn't support this as of yet. You could do some rudimentary skills-based routing using an exchange 2007 auto-attendant, but there isn't a way to queue the calls with OCS natively. Maybe in a future version, though? It would be nice to be able to do because OCS maintains so much info about each user (presence, department, etc.) that it seems like it would simplify call routing. Best as I can tell, though, this isn't part of the current product.

At this point, OCS's voice capabilities are more like that of an IP-PBX rather than an ACD. I think that you may be able to write some applications with MS speech server that would get you closer to the ACD/call center functionality you are looking for. For now, OCS won't do it.

Regards,

Matt

Wednesday, August 8, 2007 6:45 PM
  • Does, OCS have partnerships and integration with any ACD ISV like Genesys, Avaya etc.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 8:35 PM
  • Has anyone looked at  www.vayusphere.com for call queuing.

Friday, December 7, 2007 5:21 PM

• Several firms on Wall Street have Vayusphere products.  So far it seems to be going well.   Did you have a specific question ?

Monday, December 10, 2007 8:16 AM