Installing a Lexmark Printer...with Windows XP RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello All,

I have been having this issue for quite some time now, and I was hoping that someone out there knows what I can do...okay...so I got a Lexmark X7600 series All-In-One printer (copy/print/fax/scan, etc).  I tried to install it and a got error messages like there was no tomorrow saying:

1) The Printer Communication System has encountered a problem and needs to close
    2) The Spooler SubSystem App has encountered a problem and needs to close
    3) instgui.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close

These three were the only ones popping up.

So, I call Lexmark...they can't figure it out...I call Dell they can't figure it out... I use both companies websites to troubleshoot the problem, but nothing is working. 

I actually ended up restoring my computer to factory settings due to some other issues, so I tried to reinstall the printer today and the same problem occurs.  Now the "Printer Communication System..." error message is continual and won't stop popping up (like every 2-3 minutes). 

Does anyone have a solution to this?  Do I need to reinstall something else, is it Microsoft, Dell, or Lexmark causing the issue.  I wouldn't think that Dell/Microsoft would make it impossible to install a non-dell printer...but this installation process works perfectly fine on a MAC/Apple laptop.

Please respond with any information you may have.

Thanks, Alison.
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Tuesday, August 18, 2009 1:22 AM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Tuesday, August 18, 2009 1:24 AM Off topic. (From:Microsoft Security Essentials: Getting Started and Upgrading)
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 12:57 AM

All replies