none
O'Reilly 50% Discount for MCPs RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi Folks,

This deal is listed on the Microsoft MCP site, but many of you might have missed it, as I did, so here it is.

O'Reilly, the official distributor for Microsoft Press, is offering a 50% on all Microsoft Press ebooks, and a 40% discount on all Microsoft Press print books exclusively to Microsoft Certified Professionals (MCPs). Just use discount code MCPDEAL at checkout at the O'Reilly website below:

http://shop.oreilly.com/category/deals/mcp.do

Ebooks from oreilly.com are DRM-free, available in multiple formats like ePub, Mobi, and PDF, and entitle you to free lifetime updates. Additionally, you can now sync your ebook purchases automatically with your Dropbox for convenience. 

Microsoft Press still publishes the finest Microsoft-related books, so I hope you take advantage of this deal. Enjoy.

Friday, October 19, 2012 12:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Folks,

This is just a quick note about O'Reilly's new Dropbox sync feature, if you don't know about it yet. It may seem minor, but it is a BIG deal (at least to me)!

I've bought almost 100 ebooks from O'Reilly over the years, and they are all somewhere on my hard drive, but I can't always determine where. With this new feature, all my ebook purchases sync automatically with my Dropbox, so I can access my ebooks in the cloud from anywhere. I also installed the Dropbox app on my iPad, so now I have the freedom to study wherever I want. It's fabulous.

For me, this alone is worth the price of admission because it's such a major convenience. Feel free to give it a try.

Friday, October 19, 2012 11:53 AM