none
Job properties not changing when submitted from saved .xml file RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Do the following to reproduce the behaviour:

1. You create a job and save it to an xml-file.
    2. You create another job from that xml-file.
    3. In  job details -> job run options  you change the maximum run time.

Bug:
    The change is completely ignored when submitting the job.
    The change is completely ignored when saving the job to an xml file.
    We suppose that there are more bugs like these, and that they have a common source.

Regards,

Johannes

JH
    Monday, November 23, 2009 7:13 AM

Answers

• Hi Johannes,
    I passed this to our test lead but we haven't been able to repro the error here. We will keep an eye out for it.

Rae

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 11:40 PM

All replies

• Can you please confirm what version of the HPC Pack you are running?  Either do "cluscfg view" at the CLI or just do Help -> About in the HPC Job Manager or HPC Cluster Manager to get the version number.

Thanks!
    Josh

-Josh
    Monday, November 23, 2009 8:18 PM
  • Can you please confirm what version of the HPC Pack you are running?  Either do "cluscfg view" at the CLI or just do Help -> About in the HPC Job Manager or HPC Cluster Manager to get the version number.

Thanks!
    Josh

-Josh

Of course,

Am I missing some update?

Version                         : 2.1.1703.0

JH
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 6:32 AM
  • Hi Johannes,

I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce this behavior on build 2.1.1703.0.

[1] What makes you say that "the change is completely ignored when submitting the job" and "when saving the job to an xml file"?
    [2] Could please share examples of the two job files you are using? i.e. The original job file, and the job file of the new job after changing its runtime?

Regards,

Patrick
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 2:20 AM
  • Hi Johannes,

I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce this behavior on build 2.1.1703.0.

[1] What makes you say that "the change is completely ignored when submitting the job" and "when saving the job to an xml file"?

[2] Could please share examples of the two job files you are using? i.e. The original job file, and the job file of the new job after changing its runtime?

Regards,

Patrick
    We figured out a little bit more in the meantime. The change is actually committed but not shown in the GUI. So the actual bug is a failure between the gui and the xml file.

I change Completely ignored to is not shown in the gui. Still this is very confusing.

If you do not change the time in the gui, the saved time in the xml is committed.
    If you change the time and submit the job. The queued job in the gui still shows the wrong time, although the job runs for the requested amount of time.

JH
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 11:12 AM
  • Hi Johannes,
    I passed this to our test lead but we haven't been able to repro the error here. We will keep an eye out for it.

Rae

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 11:40 PM