How do I create a DTO class? Where do I create it and then put it? RRS feed

• Question

• I am in over my head.  I am NOT a programmer / developer and yet I saw a blog post that I wanted to do - exactly!  I have the link below.  I want to use Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and pull in information from Active Directory.

I see that the blog post talks about their creating a DTO class to represent LDAP User.

My problem is...where do I begin?  What is the starting point for me?  I have Visual Studio 2010 SP1 Pro. and I have SharePoint 2010 SP1 Enterprise Edition and I have SharePoint Designer SP1 2010 and I just need to know where to start to create this DTO class so that I can get started. 

I don't know if I create this class by starting a project in SharePoint with Visual Studio and then is the file(s) going to be put somewhere automaticallly?

http://ranaictiu-technicalblog.blogspot.com/2010/12/sharepoint-2010-linking-sharepoint-user.html?showComment=1362490148957#c5486222103643288263

Thank you!
    Matt

• Moved by Amanda Zhu Wednesday, March 13, 2013 1:13 AM off-topic issue
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 4:22 PM

All replies

• Hello Matthew,

Thank you for your post.

I am afraid that your issue is out of support of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor. I suggest that you can consult your issue on SharePoint Products and Technologies forum for better response.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, March 7, 2013 6:21 AM