CRM 4: permissions required to remove a product from an order RRS feed

• Question

• Probably a stupid question but I can't see it anywhere in the security role!

Can anyone tell me what access is needed to be able to remove products from an order please?

Thursday, September 12, 2013 1:01 PM

Answers

• You are right in saying that. There are no separate privileges for 'Order Product' (Sales Order detail).  Pls provide the user with 'Read', 'Write', 'Append' & 'AppendTo' access on Order. 'Read', 'Append' & 'AppendTo' On Product

I don't have a 4.0 environment that I can check but this should work. I suspect if a user level delete access is required on Order but will hold that privilege unless the above permissions aren't sufficient.  Let me know once you test it.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Marked as answer by STHook Thursday, September 12, 2013 2:09 PM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 1:46 PM

All replies

• You are right in saying that. There are no separate privileges for 'Order Product' (Sales Order detail).  Pls provide the user with 'Read', 'Write', 'Append' & 'AppendTo' access on Order. 'Read', 'Append' & 'AppendTo' On Product

I don't have a 4.0 environment that I can check but this should work. I suspect if a user level delete access is required on Order but will hold that privilege unless the above permissions aren't sufficient.  Let me know once you test it.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Marked as answer by STHook Thursday, September 12, 2013 2:09 PM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 1:46 PM
  • Thank you, the role already has those privileges. I will try the delete access, but don't really want the user to have ability to delete the whole order!
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 1:52 PM
  • I gave the role user level delete access on Order. This has given the user access to remove order products, thank you!
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 2:08 PM
  • Good to know!

Thanks!

Thursday, September 12, 2013 3:30 PM