locked
inconsistent client address books RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

     

    i have several clients setup and the address book for each client is different i am unable to work out why some clients have a complete listing and others dont.

     

    also the auto-conifguration for the client is not working, i add ip address but that does not fix only the FQDN works any idea's???

     

    thanks in advance...

     

    Jeff Kelly

    Thursday, March 20, 2008 7:40 AM

All replies

  • Did you configure the Service Record : _sipinternaltls._tcp.domain.com pointing to your fqdn of your pool on port 5061

    More info on how to do it

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb663700.aspx

     

    Addressbook downloads may be blocked because of proxy configuration on client

    Try without a proxy

     

    Turn on Logging on the Communicator client as it will show you what is wrong

     

     

    Thursday, March 20, 2008 10:13 AM
  • Hi,

    all DNS records are correct _sipintenals....etc

     

    I dont have any proxy settings anywhere on domain

     

    the log file for the client that has incomplete db is identical to the one from client with complete db apart from ip address/login name

     

    i have run the best practices toll for OCS 2007 the only error i have is below.

    This server is running Office Communications Server 2007 but doesn't have hotfix 923028

     

    I have had a look and this is not ready as yet.

     

    I worked out that the auto configure was not working because of our email setup...

     

    the setup was created prior to me starting a few weeks ago so it will require some work...

     

    setup looks like this

     

    coms.company.net.au = pool

    user@branch.com.au  no autoconfiguration

    user@company.net.au autoconfiguration works

     

    but the address book is still inconsistent

     

     

    Jeff

     

     

     

    Thursday, March 20, 2008 12:50 PM
  • Take a look at this article for multiple sip domains (also works for ocs 2007)

    http://communicationsserverteam.com/archive/2007/12/20/56.aspx

     

     

     

    Thursday, March 20, 2008 2:52 PM
  • You need SRV records for EACH SIP domain if you want automatic configuration to work. 

     

    Thursday, March 20, 2008 7:27 PM
  • Hi

     

    the auto configuration is now working I added the extra SVR records for the multiple sip domians.

     

    However the client address books are still inconsistant, i have deleted the address book db file on the offending client  PC's hoping that would generate a new complete address book, i also tried different user accounts on the offending PC's even the alternate user has the same db file.

     

    we have 2 SOE's that we use but the failure happens with both.all SP's and patches up to date.

     

    all PC's are on the same network with 1GB ethernet.no proxy server's.

     

    all clients are under the same domain policy.

     

    I cant find any reason why the address books are inconsistent, i could understand if the address book was missing however when one client has the complete address book and others have about half of it?????

     

    thanks for your help with the SVR records

     

    Jeff

    Sunday, March 23, 2008 2:52 AM
  • Jeff,

     

    I have posted an article about Address Book Chaos within OCS 2007.  Reference below.  One question though.  Are all the machines running the same Operating System?  Vista machines are a bit fussier than XP.  In anycase I also have an article published regarding Vista machines downloading the address book.

     

     

    Address Book Chaos

    Address Book Download Issues (Vista machines) 

     

     

    Hopefully these help.

     

     

    Rick

    Tuesday, March 25, 2008 9:17 PM
  • Rick,

     

    all PC's are running the same OS... XP SP2 with up to date patches.

    no Vista yet.

     

    the strange thing with this one is that if you click on tools and add contact and do a search you can see all contacts however if you use the search bar you dont get the full list.

    example:

    i have 2 users named darren with different surnames

    when you type "d" into the search you can only see one of them...

    when you go to tools/add contact and search darren both contacts are there.

     

    i also have 12 users with "a" as first initial of first/last names

    when you type in "a" on the client that is working properly you get the full list of 12

    when using inconsistant client you only get 4

     

    Jeff

    Wednesday, March 26, 2008 1:17 AM