Customize a native CRM report RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am trying to customize a native Sales CRM Report. I mainly want to add new columns to the query and remove some others columns that are not important to me.

I have tried downloading the report and change it using data tools, but CRM doesnt give access to modify queries and layout. I also wanted to add an image to the report. I tried changing the XML but it failed while uploading it back.

Do you guys have done something like that before ? if yes can you please give me some guidance on how to do it. I don't want to replicate the native report as it is tedious and hard taking into account all the multiples functionalities the native report offers.

PS: will be necessary also to rewrite the report in Fetch XML for cloud perspective , or ??

Thanks

Sunday, May 31, 2015 7:05 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I'd say you're right about the steps. Download your report which will retrieve a .rdl file. Then edit the Report with some Report tool (for instance, SQL Server Bids - you can create a new project and add the file to the project); Then re-import the Report onto CRM.

For the second question: Yes, reports should be written with Fetch XML queries for full compatibility with CRM Online.

Monday, June 1, 2015 8:50 AM