none
vb.net application pull data from Outlook Calendar RRS feed

• Question

• I have been tasked with creating an application for keeping track of where people are for in the event of an emergency.

Currently the application is setup with users selecting the option of their location based off available predetermined options which is working, but now it has been asked if it is capable of pulling location from the outlook calendar of the user.

The user would be logged in as themselves, so permissions to outlook would be ok, but, is there a way that if I click an option and have a meeting scheduled for that time I can pull the location of the meeting and dump it to a text field in the application?

So say the user selected other, I would then call their calendar and if there was a meeting scheduled for that time slot, pull the location to the textbox for other?

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 5:47 PM

All replies

• Hello Ryan, I think this post is best suited for the Outlook for developer forum. I can move it or perhaps wait say until tomorrow morning and if no replies I will move it then as if no replies in 24 hours I doubt there will be any.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 11:08 PM