none
Lost stat from yesterday nigth ! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone ! I wanted to let know I lost some stat from yesterday night. I wonder If Iam the only's one.

I did a new wiki article yesterday, (there) and you don't see it in my activity stat at all.

It's not a big trouble, but I just wanted to warn about the bug

(edited, I just add a new wiki article, and the stat don't update, so I guess the bug is still there)

MCP | MCTS 70-236: Exchange Server 2007, Configuring

Friday, June 1, 2012 12:19 AM

Answers

• Hi All,

We're now investigating this.  Thanks for the heads-up!

UPDATE: We have identified the issue and fixed it.  Turns out the Recognition had not run in a few days, so it will take a bit for all of the points and such and tally up.

John Wood - Project Manager MSDN & TechNet Blogs and TechNet Wiki

• Edited by John M Wood Tuesday, June 5, 2012 9:08 PM updated status
    • Marked as answer by Yagmoth555MVP Wednesday, June 6, 2012 1:15 AM
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 5:43 PM

All replies

• I only just noticed that all of my recent Forum activity seems to be in my Profile Activity, but no Wiki activity in almost 2 days. I can still see the activity on the main Wiki page Recent Activity list (after much work).

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Friday, June 1, 2012 1:40 AM
  • I reported a spammer to be banned over a day ago. I included a link to their activity, but the two Wiki articles I flagged for deletion did not yet show up in the profile. I just got an email from Technet Site Support saying they could not find the activity. I just replied with the url's from the Wiki page "Recent Activities". I think everyone is experiencing this problem.

• Proposed as answer by diamanten6 Saturday, June 16, 2012 4:40 AM
    Friday, June 1, 2012 2:14 AM
  • Ah ok! maybe just the profile link with the wiki is broke atm.

Friday, June 1, 2012 3:16 AM
  • Hi everyone ! I wanted to let know I lost some stat from yesterday night. I wonder If Iam the only's one.

I did a new wiki article yesterday, (there) and you don't see it in my activity stat at all.

It's not a big trouble, but I just wanted to warn about the bug

(edited, I just add a new wiki article, and the stat don't update, so I guess the bug is still there)

The same for me: I wrote a new article and edited some other pages, but the Wiki section of my profile is not updated.
    My activities were correctly listed in the Recent Activity list, but my profile does not reflect these activities.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award

Friday, June 1, 2012 3:08 PM
  • Good. Keep the reports coming!

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Friday, June 1, 2012 10:46 PM
    Owner
  • Profile's statistics are still not updated for all the Wiki-related activities: does anybody know what's happening?

Bye.

Sunday, June 3, 2012 5:38 PM
  • Also, enough time has passed that if the backlog is recovered, it will (hopefully) update our statistics, but will not show up in my profile activity. Only the last 100 activities show up there, which for me is about 2 days worth.

Sunday, June 3, 2012 6:36 PM
  • I'll ask the product team.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 7:39 AM
    Owner
  • Hi All,

UPDATE: We have identified the issue and fixed it.  Turns out the Recognition had not run in a few days, so it will take a bit for all of the points and such and tally up.

• Edited by John M Wood Tuesday, June 5, 2012 9:08 PM updated status
    • Marked as answer by Yagmoth555MVP Wednesday, June 6, 2012 1:15 AM
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 5:43 PM
  • Thanks for the update !, just got back all my wiki stat from those last day :o)

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 1:16 AM
  • And thank you to everyone here for calling our attention to this!!!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 1:52 AM
    Owner
  • Hi All,

Thanks for the update, John. Everything seems to be working fine now.

Bye.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 7:19 AM
  • Working fine now.

Thanks for the update!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 12:47 PM
  • Working for me as well. Thank you.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 5:29 PM
  • I reported a spammer to be banned over a day ago. I included a link to their activity, but the two Wiki articles I flagged for deletion did not yet show up in the profile. I just got an email from Technet Site Support saying they could not find the activity. I just replied with the url's from the Wiki page "Recent Activities". I think everyone is experiencing this problem.

How did you report the spammer?

Thanks!

Monday, June 18, 2012 6:17 PM
    Owner
  • I've been using the first link on this Wiki page to report spammers:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/5041.how-to-report-a-technet-or-msdn-user-account.aspx

I include a link to the spammer's profile. I generally get an email reply in a day or two that the user has been banned.

Monday, June 18, 2012 7:04 PM
  • Good. That was the article I wanted to update.

Okay, I also added another section: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/5041.how-to-report-a-technet-or-msdn-user-account.aspx#To_Report_Forum_Spammers

I'll need to keep that section updated with the latest one of these "Report Spammers" threads: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/85edf1c6-c3a4-4b9d-b7b2-b362e136beb1

This seems to be the most public way to call out spammers, but it's specific to Forums. I don't know which method has the best "return rate" yet. A lot of the people involved have changed already (come and gone) since I wrote the Wiki article.

Thanks!

Monday, June 18, 2012 7:47 PM
    Owner