Windows mail RRS feed

• General discussion

• I recently installed windows live care and my computer runs on  windows vista. I received an e-mail with an attachment containing a nomnal list  entitled Banshee minutes MEMBERS Dec" 08.lnk, whereas I usually get the minutes in xls format.   When I tried to open the attachment I got the message that 'no such  file as Banshee minutes MEMBERS Dec"08.exl. exists  This has never happened to me before as I have  always received  the  minutes  with the exl extension ( I have the exl/doc clone system OPEN OFFICE ORG installed) and been able to open it with no difficulty I tried to change the security via the options menu, to allow  blocked messages but nothing happened.
    I asked the sender to send the e-mail again but got the same results.
    What can I  do to remedy this problem?
    Thank you
    Tuesday, December 23, 2008 7:06 PM

All replies

• Windows Live OneCare would not be a factor in your problem. In fact, based on the fact that the attachment has an attachment of .lnk, the sender did not send you a file, but sent you a shortcut to the file.  

Ask the sender to resend the attachment, The shortcut you were send is pointing to the file on the sender's computer, which you, of course, cannot access.
    -steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, December 23, 2008 7:26 PM