can a partner be able to create on-behalf-of customer? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, we use partner portals for our partners to manage sales pipeline. Some times, our partners need to open case on behalf it's customers. What's the best way to do?  Partner portal authenticate user for account whose type is partner. Even if I bring the case functionality into partner Portal, how could I designate the case under customer? A partner can have multiple customers!. appreciate if anyone could share their opinion. Thanks 
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 4:10 AM

Answers

• This scenario could be easily met by customizing the create/edit case pages.  You would want to extend the one dropdown that scopes cases to my or my company cases to include a list of customers that the partner is managing.  You would need to extend the security on the view and edit pages to ensure that you can see customer cases for the managing partner.  Finally you would want to add a field to the create case page to specify the customer to associate the case to.  This would take a competent developer about 4 hours to do.
    Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com
    • Proposed as answer by Maria Joaquin Friday, November 11, 2011 12:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by CRM elite Saturday, November 12, 2011 10:28 PM
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 11:13 PM