purchase of LOC - retail RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning,
         I am going to be purchasing a new security package for my one year old Vista PC. If I buy LOC retail will I get all updates and support from MS? Reason being, it can be obtained for 1/2 to 1/5 of MS price on web. While saving a buck is always nice, I want the transition to be as painless as posible; I want the software to be as viable as possible; and those things are worth a few bucks. Thanks
    Respectfully,
    Terry
    Wednesday, July 23, 2008 1:32 PM

Answers

• Hello Terry, the One Care service and support is the same for a retail purchase or a direct purchase from the One Care website so save a few bucks if you can.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 1:41 PM

All replies

• Hello Terry, the One Care service and support is the same for a retail purchase or a direct purchase from the One Care website so save a few bucks if you can.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 1:41 PM

• Thanks JimR1. I'll save the cash, and with luck never have to visit these sites again. Nothing personal, just hoping for a painless install...............
    Terry
    Wednesday, July 23, 2008 2:00 PM
  • I'll offer a few suggestions for a painless install. Check Windows Update to ensure Vista is up to date. After uninstalling your current antivirus product, go to the vendor website and look for an uninstall tool and if available, run it. If you have an antispyware program other than Windows Defender installed it would be best to uninstall it.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 2:19 PM