none
Microsoft .Net Certification RRS feed

• Question

• I just completed my graduation and .Net was in my course. Can I go and prepare for MCTS or it requires some eperience?
    Friday, February 24, 2012 6:48 PM

Answers

• Generally speaking, experience is required for any MCTS exam.  That said, people have passed MCTS exams with very little experience.  Which MCTS exam(s) are you interested in?  You can find a list of development MCTS exams here http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcpd.aspx#vs2010

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Friday, February 24, 2012 10:08 PM
  • Hi,

if you only have taken a course which covered .NET I have some doubts that you will pass a MCTS exam. Like Jeff said, you should have some practical experience in the appropriate area/technology. Microsoft gives some recommendations how much of experience you should have for every single exam.

In which technology are you interested? You can find an overview and some information on this wiki page. If you want to take a starter exam I would recommend that you have a look at the Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certifications.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Friday, February 24, 2012 11:35 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Generally speaking, experience is required for any MCTS exam.  That said, people have passed MCTS exams with very little experience.  Which MCTS exam(s) are you interested in?  You can find a list of development MCTS exams here http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcpd.aspx#vs2010

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Friday, February 24, 2012 10:08 PM
  • Hi,

if you only have taken a course which covered .NET I have some doubts that you will pass a MCTS exam. Like Jeff said, you should have some practical experience in the appropriate area/technology. Microsoft gives some recommendations how much of experience you should have for every single exam.

In which technology are you interested? You can find an overview and some information on this wiki page. If you want to take a starter exam I would recommend that you have a look at the Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certifications.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Friday, February 24, 2012 11:35 PM
    Answerer