off topic - Restoring overhauled computer with all files/folders on external hard drive??? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I had to have my under warranty, failing computer fixed.  My computer basically got an overhaul.  But, to make a long story short, the people who repaired my computer was supposed to give it back to me in ready to used condition with all my information put back in it and they didn't do a thing.  So, here I am trying to figure out how to get the information from my Maxtor One Touch 4 external hard drive back on my computer. I've looked for easy transfer cables and the only one I can find is for computer to computer.  How do I transfer this information to my computer????  Thanks for all your help!

Sunday, February 17, 2008 3:58 AM

All replies

• You're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare.

You should refer to the documentation for your Maxtor One Touch device and software for how to perform a restore of your data or contact Maxtor support.

You may want to try the Microsoft Public newsgroups here: http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/Default.aspx

-steve

Sunday, February 17, 2008 7:35 PM
  • i am trying to do a system backup disk, but everytime i try it tells me i have an invalid file name. What would be a good file name to try?

Saturday, February 23, 2008 3:53 PM
  •  darlenangel wrote:

i am trying to do a system backup disk, but everytime i try it tells me i have an invalid file name. What would be a good file name to try?

Have a look at the post above yours.

You're off topic for here. And, wherever you do go for help, a little more information would be very good.

Operating System? What program are you using to backup? What file name and destination are you trying to use? What exact error are you receiving? (note that your question may not be answered here...)

-steve

Monday, February 25, 2008 2:53 PM