Help me - a small doubt RRS feed

• Question

•  

Can any one please tell me what does an industry expext from a B.TECH graduate
    Monday, September 17, 2007 1:21 PM

All replies

• The same question is in my mind too but I must tell you that almost 99% of the users of the microsoft forum Student Rockstar are the contestants of the contest and hence are definitely studing in some or the other college in India.

So here there is hardly any professional you can answer your question aptly.
    Monday, September 17, 2007 1:31 PM
  • nothing much...be good in ur academics...dis doesnt mean scoring 90% and above in all semesters...jus b clear wid wat ever u study...also study everything in a practical point of view...also they expect u to ba good problem solver<logical>, since programming needs a lots of logical thinking...and some communication skills....
    Monday, September 17, 2007 1:58 PM
  • Hey man ongoing activities :

Forums
    Announcements
    Whitepapers
    Quiz - last week of this month
    S2B
    Light Up your college

Webinars will come
    ImagineCup will stat soon
    Monday, September 17, 2007 2:32 PM
  • As far as I can tell from my campus interview experience (mine and also my college frenz'). The industry people want good leadership skills, teamspirit(coz in company you will work in teams), good aptitude, decent spoken english. Lastly the basics in ur technical knowledge should be very clear. You dont need to be a geek, but a sound technical knowledge is a must.

So develop your soft skills, this is the only key to success.

Best of luck.

Monday, September 17, 2007 5:56 PM
  • The only thing that counts, is that you know both the theory and the fundamental concepts practically. Good communication is definitely a plus. They also see, if the candidate has a potential to learn new things and implements. So a health positive attitude, is a quality any organization seeks.

Monday, September 17, 2007 6:12 PM