How is the license bound to their respective computers? RRS feed

• Question

• Example: I activate OneCare on my desktop and now I only have 2 more computers that I can add. Now, if I reformat this PC and reinstall Windows + OneCare, when I activate again does this count as another computer? Or are they bound to the Windows license key for example?

Basically, if I reformat and reinstall and re-activate will it count as another computer?

Thanks,

Mark

Monday, January 14, 2008 11:54 PM

Answers

• You can reformat and reinstall without decreasing your license count by another PC. As long as you have only 3 actively running copies of OneCare for one subscription, you are fine.

If you make one PC in your subscription a "hub" in a Circle, you can remove a listed PC that is no longer using OneCare. If the PC is actually running OneCare, it will become unsubscribed on that PC. You do not have to use this feature, though, and can simply reinstall as you need to.

-steve

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 2:12 AM

All replies

• You can reformat and reinstall without decreasing your license count by another PC. As long as you have only 3 actively running copies of OneCare for one subscription, you are fine.

If you make one PC in your subscription a "hub" in a Circle, you can remove a listed PC that is no longer using OneCare. If the PC is actually running OneCare, it will become unsubscribed on that PC. You do not have to use this feature, though, and can simply reinstall as you need to.

-steve

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 2:12 AM
  • Thanks Stephen!

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 8:51 AM