windows defender RRS feed

• Question

•    MY WINDOWS DEFENDER IS TURNING OFF EVERYDAY AFTER I TURN IT BACK.............jbradford0311@hotmail.com

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 12:46 AM

All replies

• I am also have the problem of Windows Defender frequently turning itself off, usually without any indication it is not working. 

I have adjusted all the options I know to adjust, uninstalled and reinstalled the program, searched the KB and can find no items related to the problem except this thread and no one is responding to the problem. 

Is it safe enough to remove Defender and rely on OneCare to protect my computer from distructive assesses? 

I do not believe this is an isolated problem as it seems.  I suspect there are several instances of this happening as in my case  and users are not aware that it has happened.

Al

Friday, February 2, 2007 11:04 PM
  • I also have this issue on more than one pc. I also have windows onecare installed so maybe that has something to do with it.  Maybe spyware is disabling it? though I have scanned with other software and found nothing.
    Saturday, February 17, 2007 6:39 AM
  • I have the same problem.Maybe tech support should look into this matter.
    Wednesday, February 21, 2007 2:05 AM
  • Mine fries on boot up. Now lets see, if Defender dies now, but it is part of Vista that means you have to get new OS to have defender. hhhmmmmmmm!   Kind of like when you had to buy new Nero for XP.

Tim

Thursday, March 1, 2007 8:57 PM
  • Same problem here. Also have OncCare installed and did not have a problem until then.
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 12:26 PM
  •  

You are correct. If you have Live One Care installed it turns off not only windows defender but also windows firewall if you have the virus scan and firewall turned on in One Care
    Tuesday, July 8, 2008 7:22 PM