none
Forms designer in Visual Studio 2017 CE for Python RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Friends,

I just want to know if we can create windows forms in visual Studio 2017 Community edition (like design the windows forms, add buttons, text boxes etc) and convert to .py ?

After some basic search with google... While doing the setup i have included Python Devolepment option to install python related stuffs. I have also tried to create new project in IronPython Windows Forms application, but im not getting design window on the page to add buttons, text boxes etc iam only getting source code window. Could somebody help me here ?

Thanks

AMK

• Moved by 宝宝徐 Thursday, August 3, 2017 1:52 AM
    Monday, July 10, 2017 8:34 AM

All replies

• Hi AMK,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Seems that your Python template didn't install well. I test on my VS 2017 Community, creating a new IronPython WPF project:

Please run the VS 2017 Community installer as administrator, then click the icon besides 'Launch' and choose 'Repair' to perform a repair and continue the setup process.

Or if any problem persists, please post in http://ironpython.net/support/ to get a much professional support.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by 宝宝徐 Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:58 AM
    Tuesday, July 18, 2017 10:31 AM