Windows 7 is OEM; swapped fried motherboard; Win7 ran until Win10 upgrade attempted; now "invalid license" - WTH? RRS feed

• Question

• Here's the main diagnostic info:

HWID Data-->
    HWID Hash Current: LAAAAAEAAQABAAEAAAACAAAAAQABAAEA6GGQ6i7gIJG0M1TI6kUCqFB2Qho=

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    BIOS valid for OA 2.0: yes, but no SLIC table
    Windows marker version: N/A
    OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent: N/A
    BIOS Information:
      ACPI Table Name    OEMID Value    OEMTableID Value
      APIC            HPQOEM        SLIC-CPC
      FACP            HPQOEM        SLIC-CPC
      SRAT            HPQOEM        SLIC-CPC
      HPET            HPQOEM        SLIC-CPC
      MCFG            HPQOEM        SLIC-CPC
      OEMB            HPQOEM        SLIC-CPC
      SSDT            HPQOEM        SLIC-CPC
      SSDT            HPQOEM        SLIC-CPC

The windows validation tool runs, but never completes (2 hours and going).

The Software Protection Service is in Startup (automatic/delayed start), and currently has "started" status.

I've tried to rerun the Validate Now software (an .hta app, I think), but I get:

-BEGIN ERROR MESSAGE-

v.wu.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/GenerateHTA.aspx?displaylang=en&page=avsVaIidate

Server Error

502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.

There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content

server, it received an invalid response from the content server.

-END ERROR MESSAGE-

I have no problem accessing other sites on the Internet.

I would like to re-validate my copy of Win7 (done once already after motherboard swap) to get this monkey off my back. I'll be damned if I'm going to upgrade to Win10 while stuff like this is showing up on the forums, though.

Any help just revalidating? I can't even get Contact info for an online Windows validation, or a way to enter it on my copy of Win7 on this machine. It's enough to make Linux look inviting.

Thursday, June 2, 2016 11:05 PM

Answers