no default Solutions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I want to export/backup my default solutions after installation, but when I go to Settings > Customization > Solutions. There is no default solutions, is it normal ? how do I backup the solutions ?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Krisna Ismayanto | My blogs: Krisna Ismayanto | Twitter: @ikrisna
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 6:33 AM

Answers

• Hi Krisna,

The 'Default Solution' is no longer available in Settings>Customization>Solutions (as it was in the Beta).

To export the Default Solution, use Settings>Customization>Customize the System>Export Solution.

@Robert - This solution will contain all customizations - there is no need to create a new solution to contain everything.

hth,

Scott

www.develop1.net
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 9:52 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi

Create a new Solution and add everything to it.

Good Blog article about solutions by David Yack - http://crm.davidyack.com/journal/2010/9/20/exploring-crm-2011-solution-framework-update-scenarios.html

Rob

www.crmconsult.info Twitter:robertpeledie
    • Proposed as answer by Khaja Mohiddin Wednesday, January 11, 2012 10:48 AM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 9:14 AM
  • Hi Krisna,

The 'Default Solution' is no longer available in Settings>Customization>Solutions (as it was in the Beta).

To export the Default Solution, use Settings>Customization>Customize the System>Export Solution.

@Robert - This solution will contain all customizations - there is no need to create a new solution to contain everything.

hth,

Scott

www.develop1.net
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 9:52 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks Scott! :)
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Krisna Ismayanto | My blogs: Krisna Ismayanto | Twitter: @ikrisna
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 12:43 PM