Speech Server 2007 features RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Can any one explain me about the features of Speech Server 2007. Up to my knowledge it supports deploying IVR applications. I have one more question is speech server supports all the features of OCS 2007 ?

Thanks,
    Agni.
    Tuesday, January 22, 2008 4:43 PM

Answers

• Yea that's really for getting it on the same enviroment and moving calls between the two, but the advice is the same, you are going to have to set Speech Server to listen on non defaults ports.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 11:14 PM

All replies

•  

Speech Server is an IVR Platform, with development tools (Visual Studio 2005 add-ons) for creating IVR applications, including support for SALT, VoiceXML and .NET 2.0.

Speech Server is now a part of OCS as an optional installation. It doesn't need to be installed with OCS, but it can.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 5:22 PM
  • Hi Michael,

Thanks for the replay. Is it possible to install OCS 2007 and office communications speech server 2007 on a same windows 2003 box ?
    Wednesday, January 23, 2008 11:09 AM
  • Yes, although it's not recommended in a production environment.  Michael Dunn discusses this over at http://gotspeech.net/blogs/michaeldunn/archive/2007/08/29/speech-server-and-ocs.aspx

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 9:06 PM
  • Yea that's really for getting it on the same enviroment and moving calls between the two, but the advice is the same, you are going to have to set Speech Server to listen on non defaults ports.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 11:14 PM