Office 2007 Pro validation problem on Vista Home Premium - no solution found in forum.... RRS feed

• Question

•  

I purchase MS Office Pro 2007 from Best Buy and installed in on computer running VISTA (which I hate) in August. I need to download a template and I get an error saying my version is not valid. This is BS. I need an explanation of how to fix in non computer geek woman language-and I'm not overstating how simple the explanation needs to be.
    Wednesday, September 12, 2007 12:09 AM

Answers

• Hello Pillr,

Are you receiving any error codes besides "my version is not valid"?  The possible situation may be do you have permission to install the new Office. Below I would like to provide non-geek steps for you to follow :-).  The steps will give you Adminsitrator for installing Office. 

1) Click the START button.

2) Click ALL PROGRAMS.

3) Look at the list of your installed programs and find INTERNET EXPLORER.

4) Point the mouse cursor over top of INTERNET EXPLORER until it is highlighted and click the RIGHT-MOUSE button and choose “RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR” from the menu.

5) You will be prompted by a Windows Vista dialog box, and I want you to choose “ALLOW”. This will allow IE to start with administrator privileges.

6) In the new Internet Explorer session, manually type or copy this URL http://www.microsoft.com/genuine (again, make sure it's the new instance of IE that opened as “Administrator”.

7) Once the /genuine web site loads in the new IE browser.  Click the “VALIDATE OFFICE” button.

What happened?  Are the results different?

Please re-post here and let us know the results. Should this not resolve the problem I will have you run a diagnostic test. This will provide us with information so we may perform an in-depth analysis.  Thank you.

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 12:47 AM