How to populate description/body field in email from an Appointment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

i've made a customization in appoinment, when the user marks a field at this form and the record is saved, the email form is opened with from, subject, regarding, etc informed from appoinment. but i have a problem with the description/body field. The idea is to transfer the description field from appoinment form to the email description/body field. I've done this, but i dont know why, i lost the line breaks, spaces... it's just transfering the description field as a plain text or something similar.

the whole customization has been made with javascript.

could you help me please?

thanks.

david.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 6:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This is because the email body is html and the appointment is plain text - you will need to do a string replace on line breaks (/n) and replace with <br>.

Scott

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public     Follow Me on Twitter
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Marked as answer by gardav0 Tuesday, December 11, 2012 6:56 PM
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 6:47 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

This is because the email body is html and the appointment is plain text - you will need to do a string replace on line breaks (/n) and replace with <br>.

Scott

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public     Follow Me on Twitter
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Marked as answer by gardav0 Tuesday, December 11, 2012 6:56 PM
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 6:47 PM
    Answerer
  • Thank you very much, it works!!!
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 6:56 PM