Questions regarding CRM 2011 IFD and SharePoint Integration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Just want to know the exact steps to configure CRM 2011 on-premise IFD with SharePoint integration.

If we install and configure CRM 2011 and SharePoint, then later on decide to enable IFD, I am assuming SharePioint needs to be re-configured because of the authentication change? I saw there are a few videos on how to configure CRM 2011 IFD but could find any reference on configure SharePoint when IFD is enabled.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Friday, July 1, 2011 2:48 AM

All replies

• I'm not sure if the SharePoint server needs to be configured within AD FS, but it probably should if you want SSO. While we have an IFD set up for demos, we are still configuring SharePoint on our IFD. I'll let you know what steps we took once we get it up and running, but right now, we're simply changing the http bindings to https, and making the URL externally facing. If this does the trick, we may hold off on setting it up in AD FS. I'll keep you posted.
    --Dodd
    Friday, July 1, 2011 3:31 PM
  • Ken,

Quick update: We set up the SharePoint URL to an externally facing IP in DNS, but we have not found the right documentation to getting SharePoint truely set up in AD FS, nor have we figured out how to use the Wild Card cert on the SharePoint server, or whatever else needs to be set up to have SP on the same Claims-based tenant for CRM 2011.

We can hit the SharePoint Server within CRM on the IFD, but we have to pass our windows creds each time we hit the Documents area within a given CRM record.

So as far as SharePoint and CRM sharing the IFD in AD FS, we haven't a clue.

--Dodd
    Monday, July 18, 2011 8:26 PM
  • Hi Dodd,

I guess I will be facing the same issue in the near futher as one of a customer is planning to have IFD and they use sharepoint a lot.

I understand that in sharepoint you can enable claim based authentication by go to central administration -> web application -> Authentication Provider -> Edit Authentication.

In the help file there is a article on how to enable claim based authentication. If you search "Create a Web application using claims-based authentication" you should find it.

I am quite surprised that it seems there isn't any video or step by step documentation on this one.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 3:25 AM
  • moving to deployment and bump

Regards, Donna

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 12:01 PM