none
Translated article comes as a wiki article in my profile RRS feed

Answers

• No, this is a bug in communication and naming strategies. =^)

I tried to explain to them how confusing it was, but they like it this way.

So you were editing an article on TechNet Wiki. If you edit a translated article or translate an article and submit an edit... neither one are the "Translation Wiki" statistic in your profile. That can only be found in the translated versions of some MSDN/TechNet Library articles (not TechNet Wiki). You can submit edits on some pages, and those are what count as the Translation Wiki statistics.

It's hard to find and even harder to explain. =^)

And just to confuse you, we also have translated article on TechNet Wiki, and we have a translation widget on TechNet Wiki, which you can use to translate in it's own wiki-like way. So there are really three translation wiki options, and the statistics are for the one that's the hardest to find. =^)

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 1:29 AM
    Owner

All replies

• No, this is a bug in communication and naming strategies. =^)

I tried to explain to them how confusing it was, but they like it this way.

So you were editing an article on TechNet Wiki. If you edit a translated article or translate an article and submit an edit... neither one are the "Translation Wiki" statistic in your profile. That can only be found in the translated versions of some MSDN/TechNet Library articles (not TechNet Wiki). You can submit edits on some pages, and those are what count as the Translation Wiki statistics.

It's hard to find and even harder to explain. =^)

And just to confuse you, we also have translated article on TechNet Wiki, and we have a translation widget on TechNet Wiki, which you can use to translate in it's own wiki-like way. So there are really three translation wiki options, and the statistics are for the one that's the hardest to find. =^)

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 1:29 AM
    Owner
  • Hmm! Im really confused now! :) However, I continue to find a way to gain points from this part of the profile! Thanks a lot again ED.

If the answer helped you, remember to mark it as answer.
    My Weblog -- My Website -- My Facebook

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 5:32 AM