how to allow special characters in mscrm form savings. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We are having special chracters in some data shown in below image shaded in yellow. WE need to save the form with these characters.

Currently we are not able to save the crm form with these  characters.

Please suggest me is it a product any other fixes are available.

Natarajan.V

Friday, September 19, 2014 5:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Natrajan,

Please clarify whether you are trying to add these chracters in a field and then trying to save. Also please don't share image of characters, share the Characters so we  can reproduce the issue.

Saad

Friday, September 19, 2014 5:16 AM
  • Hi,

If you need to use special character in label of fields then you can use html webresource.

Hope this helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Santosh Bhagat If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Friday, September 19, 2014 5:48 AM
  • PD:

Hi,

Please clarify whether you are trying to add these chracters in a field and then trying to save. YES

I have added special characters above . user is copy and pasting these data from some word document to crm forms and saving. So we defineltely need to save forms with these special characters.

Natarajan.V

Friday, September 19, 2014 6:15 AM
  • Hi, We are trying to add these chracters in a field and then trying to save the crm from where it is not alowing  to save the form,

Natarajan.V

Friday, September 19, 2014 6:17 AM
  • Hi Natrajan,

Please change your field Type to Single Line of Text. what is the Data type of the field you are saving this special character?

Saad

Friday, September 19, 2014 6:24 AM
  • Hi,

I am trying in Text type( multiple line text ) field.

Natarajan.V

WE cant change to field Type to Single Line of Text since our field type requires to save multiple fo paragraphs.
    • Edited by Natarajan V Friday, September 19, 2014 7:18 AM
    Friday, September 19, 2014 7:16 AM
  • PD:

Hi,

Please clarify whether you are trying to add these chracters in a field and then trying to save. YES

I have added special characters above . user is copy and pasting these data from some word document to crm forms and saving. So we defineltely need to save forms with these special characters.

Natarajan.V

Hi Natrajan,

I am still unable to see your Special Character. I see only PD: . Is ":" your special character. 

Saad

Friday, September 19, 2014 9:03 AM
  • Hi,

There is Square kind of symbol they are special charater

PD: 

Is there any fix is available to resolve and allow "multiple line text" these speial character.

Natarajan.V

• Edited by Natarajan V Friday, September 19, 2014 9:59 AM
    Friday, September 19, 2014 9:57 AM
  • hello Natarajan,

please post this question in community forums. Lots of MVP visit that site. I have never come into this situation. You may have to open a ticket with Microsoft for this.

there are too many variables here. May be the special characters is passed to sql server And it does not store ascii extended characters.

regards

Jithesh

Friday, September 19, 2014 10:25 AM