none
Mappoint 2010 adding Values in a given territory RRS feed

• Question

• I am importing a large amount of sales data into mappoint. We have addresses, company names and potential opportunity ($) from excel. 

We want to identify territories manually based on the total value on each of those territories. So we want to have pushpins for each locations and be able to draw and re-draw territories while seeing the sum value of opportunities within each territory. Is there an easy way to do this?

I have the full version of Mappoint 2010 and could use the 2013 trial version.

Thanks,
    Kyle
    • Edited by kytreb Monday, August 20, 2012 2:35 PM
    Monday, August 20, 2012 2:35 PM

All replies

• You can do this with shapes or territories. 

I think shapes would be more straightforward, but you'd want a helper macro or add-in to do the summing for you. You could use Richard Marsden's Shape Name Utility to name the shapes. 

To use the territory feature, first create some territories manually. You might choose census tract or county depending on how granular you need to get. Then for your Sales information, go through the Map Data Wizard, and select Territory in the Show Data By dialog in the Data Fields dialog. Let me know if you need more help to set this up!

http://www.mapforums.com

Thursday, August 23, 2012 1:17 PM