locked
Error in Script on Page RRS feed

  • Question

  • Using Dynamics CRM 2011 on a 64-bit Windows 7 PC inside MS Outlook, I receive an error message on certain pop-up forms.  In particular, I get it on Accounts that I open and also whenever I open a list of users (such as when I try to assign a new manager to a user or assign a new owner to an account).  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Java, but it doesn't work.  Other users on the system don't get the error, so it appears to be something with my PC only.

    The error message reads:  An error has occurred in the script on this page

    Line:   7

    Char:  445

    Error:  Element not found

    Code:  0

    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 8:02 PM

Answers

  • The errors you are seeing are JScript errors and not related to Java.  One option to ignore the errors is to set your CRM Outlook Privacy Options to automatically send the Error Report to Microsoft.  This will not fix the issues but will stop any prompts you are receiving.  If you want to try and debug the issue to better understand it, you can have a look at this article.  Please note, that you will not be able to fix the issue(s). 

    Regards, Donna

    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 11:27 PM

All replies

  • I am not positive, but I think that Outlook CRM might use IE under the hood to view the CRM forms.  I would point at some custom script on your forms as a probable culprit, so look at the forms script also to see what might not be compatible with the outlook client. 

    I would go into IE and enable script debugging and try this method outlined here to see if it stops on anything.  Might be enlightening. http://mileyja.blogspot.com/2011/05/debugging-jscript-in-microsoft-dynamics.html.  This method works for both crm 4.0 and 2011.

     

     


    Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 9:13 PM
    Moderator
  • Thanks for the response Jamie. 

    Your suggestion makes sense except that it happens in places where I know we don't have any script.  We added custom script on the Opportunity form and nowhere else.  Yet I get an error on the admin pages when I click change manager for a user and then open a list of employees.  Likewise, I get it on the Account forn where we don't have custom script.

    So far, I am the only one of the 5 users who gets the error.  The others can go to the same forms using Outlook and don't have any issues.

    I think I may be the only one with IE9.  Are there compatibility issues with IE9?   Strangely enough though, everything works fine when I access Dynamics through the IE9 browser rather than through Outlook.

    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 2:28 PM
  • Technically, per the Implementation guide, only IE7 and 8 are supported for CRM 2011.  I use IE9 myself, but I am not using the outlook client

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg554677.aspx


    Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 3:01 PM
    Moderator
  • The errors you are seeing are JScript errors and not related to Java.  One option to ignore the errors is to set your CRM Outlook Privacy Options to automatically send the Error Report to Microsoft.  This will not fix the issues but will stop any prompts you are receiving.  If you want to try and debug the issue to better understand it, you can have a look at this article.  Please note, that you will not be able to fix the issue(s). 

    Regards, Donna

    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 11:27 PM
  • Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]

    "MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server"=dword:0000000a
    "MaxConnectionsPerServer"=dword:0000000a


    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MAXCONNECTIONSPER1_0SERVER]

    "iexplore.exe"=dword:0000000a

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MAXCONNECTIONSPERSERVER]

    "iexplore.exe"=dword:0000000a

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient]

    "TagMinItemsForCrawl "=dword:00000000
    "TagAllowedItemsForCrawl"=dword:00000020

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]

    "TabProcGrowth"=dword:00000000

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRMClient]
    "IgnoreChecks"=dword:00000001

    reboot after and try again
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 9:50 AM
  • Wednesday, February 15, 2012 7:01 PM
    Moderator