Windows 7 Enterprise Support RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot find any information about the course MS 6293 Windows 7 Enterprise Support. Do you know when this course will be available?
    I understand that this course leads to MCITP certification (exam 70-685). When is this exam expected to be released?

Thanx - Karin 
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 12:36 PM

Answers

• According to Microsoft Learning site 70-685 exam will be released on November 16, 2009 which is currently in development. Microsoft Official Courseware (MOC) usually get released after the exam, so I would assume this MOC (6293) will be released after November 16.

Hope this is helpful.

Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    If your question was truly answered, please mark it as Answered and Vote as helpful. Thank you in advance.
    • Proposed as answer by Rubel Khan Tuesday, September 29, 2009 1:30 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Thursday, January 7, 2010 5:03 PM
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 1:30 PM

All replies

• According to Microsoft Learning site 70-685 exam will be released on November 16, 2009 which is currently in development. Microsoft Official Courseware (MOC) usually get released after the exam, so I would assume this MOC (6293) will be released after November 16.

Hope this is helpful.

Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    If your question was truly answered, please mark it as Answered and Vote as helpful. Thank you in advance.
    • Proposed as answer by Rubel Khan Tuesday, September 29, 2009 1:30 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Thursday, January 7, 2010 5:03 PM
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 1:30 PM
  • According to the Campaign Factory Web site (if you are allowed access, it's at: http://ms.mslcampaignfactory.com/prs.aspx), 6293a is due to be orderable by the channel from May 27, 2001. I have no information as to how reliable that forecast is - so caveat emptor.

If you are looking for training for 70-685, MSL offer the 50331B Courseware Library course via their CPLS learning channel. Beware though: the course as shipped is sub-optimal and many delegates rate it very poorly. If you plan to book it, ensure the CPLS has resolved the issues (preferably talk to the proposed trainer and ask him/her). With these issues fixed, and some CPLSs have invested in fixing the issues , 50331 can be a great learning experience and good preparation for the exam. Without those changes (ie unles they've re-developed the labs and done substantial additions to the slides), I'd go for  6292a.  

Depending on how good your Windows 7 skills are, the self study course from MS Press might be all you need. That, plus access go a good search engine and a small 'network' using virtualisation with just two VMs ( A Windows Server 2008 R2 DC and a Win 7 client). Go through the book or the Syllabus (perhaps aided a bit by some onlline searching) and practice each of the features. Add GPOs including Applocker, play with EFS, use all the core command line tools to check and fix client issues, etc, etc.  IIRC the self study kit has some exercises that you can do. And even if you do go on a course, you'll probably want to play some more at home just to be certain!

HTH

Thomas

Thomas Lee Doctordns@Gmail.Com
    Sunday, October 24, 2010 2:22 PM